Visual Vestibular Functional Integration Training in Concussion Management
This certification course focuses on visual and vestibular functional integration training in concussion management.
360 Neuro Health's Visual Vestibular Functional Integration Training (V2FIT®) in Concussion Management Certification Course focuses on the continuum of care for a comprehensive concussion program from baseline to time of injury to post injury and throughout the recovery process. Our content goes beyond vestibular by addressing evaluation and treatment approaches for cognition, visual, cervicogenic and exertional. We also discuss the impact on recovery with nutrition, poor sleep patterns and anxiety.
You will be introduced to clinical assessment tools as well as how to incorporate findings into a rehabilitation program. We also navigate billing for outpatient PT/OT and vision services. With the V2FIT® Certification, you get video training with instructors who take you through the course material step-by-step.
You also receive community support, handouts… including the V2FIT® symptom reporting tool, tests & measures, screening tools, sample vestibular exams, home programs, eye chart, case studies and clinical tests.
The V2FIT® Certification is a four part series:
PART 1: Visual Vestibular Functional Integration Training in Concussion Management
- This continuing education course introduces the functional integration of the visual and vestibular systems with a focus on the correlation of symptoms associated with visual-vestibular dysfunction, a visual vestibular examination and evaluation, and the implementation of therapy strategies into a rehabilitation care plan based on clinical findings.
PART 2: Advanced Treatment Strategies & Problem Solving Difficult Cases
- Ok, Ok…but WHAT do I do? The course will review advanced treatment strategies and problem solving of difficult cases.
PART 3: V2FIT® Clinical Skills Preparedness Section
- This section addresses your confidence level in performing different skills associated with the V2FIT® Certification Course as well as an optional session with a Concussion Health Specialist to address any follow-up questions.
PART 4: Examination
- The comprehensive exam includes 75 questions — you are required to score a minimum of 80% for a passing score. Once you have successfully completed the course examination, a framed certificate and V2FIT® certified decal will be mailed to you.
Upon completion of this program, the learner will be able to:
- Implement an evidence-based approach to best practices for concussion management through an intra-disciplinary team approach
- Understand the role of the vestibular system for eye head coordination and balance as well as with the autonomic nervous system
- Identify the significance of visual impairments following head trauma through oculomotor testing and a visual screening questionnaire
- Perform clinical visual and vestibular tests for determining the need to integrate into return to play (RTP) process and/or further referral
- Identify cervical dizziness and post traumatic migraines as related to head trauma
- Discuss the impact of cervicogenic involvement following head trauma and whiplash injuries
- Provide care plan for visual-vestibular functional integration training as well as dual tasking with cognitive activities
- Perform a comprehensive history, systems review, and tests and measures to formulate an accurate working diagnosis
- Recognize risk factors with the screening process (e.g., intake and past medical history) that are considered risk factors for a prolonged recovery
- Identify appropriate functional goals using both subjective and objective indicators and determine appropriate prognosis and plan of care according to identified diagnosis, including when further testing is warranted
- Implement treatment interventions for optimal outcomes using combined theoretical approaches, key indicators to monitor progress and identify if patient is responding appropriately to the interventions(s)
- Apply appropriate ICD-10 codes post-concussion (impairment based) and CPT codes based on services provided
Continuing Education Credits
Please click here to view the course directory with continuing education credit information (courses are listed alphabetically). The Certificate of Completion is available once the course is complete.
StartPart 1 - Module 1 Video 1: Epidemiology ▪ Consequences ▪ The Law on Concussion (9:47)
StartPart 1 - Module 1 Video 2: Concern/Risk ▪ Evolving Definition of Concussion ▪ Best Practices (6:25)
StartPart 1 - Module 1 Video 3: Baseline ▪ Time of Injury ▪ Post-Injury Testing ▪ Graded Step Wise RTP Approach (13:41)
StartPart 1 - Module 1 Handout 4: A Further Look Into Baseline Testing
StartPart 1 - Module 2 Video 1: Mechanisms of Injury ▪ Forces ▪ Pathophysiology ▪ Cascade Effect: Functional (5:50)
StartPart 1 - Module 2 Video 2: Recovery from a Concussion ▪ Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS) ▪ Second Impact Syndrome ▪ Why Visual-Vestibular? ▪ As Related to Head Trauma (8:19)
StartPart 1 - Module 2 Video 3: The Major Components of Balance ▪ Visual Cues ▪ Somatosensory Cues ▪ Vestibular Cues (5:01)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 1: CNS Processing ▪ Vestibular Motor Output - Reflex ▪ Reflex Projections (6:47)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 2: A Closer Look - The Vestibular System (10:33)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 3: Common Non-Vestibular (5:29)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 4: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) (19:57)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 5: A Closer Look at Central Vestibular Pathways (9:52)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 6: Further Discussion on Common Vestibular Disorders with head trauma (16:25)
StartPart 1 - Module 3 Video 7: Further Discussion on Common Non-Vestibular Disorders with head trauma (18:02)
Get started now!
Visual Vestibular Functional Integration Training in Concussion Management Certification Course Faculty includes a variety of expert medical professionals in the areas of: neuro-otology, neurology, neuro-ophthalmology, psychiatry, primary care, physical/occupational therapy, audiology, neuro-optometry, and psychology. By bringing together recognized experts, caring clinicians and industry leaders, we will focus on patient-centric clinical guidelines that most effectively apply the latest evidence-supported science in a best practices manner.