2020 Concussion Health Summit: Track 1 - Healthcare Professionals | Free Pass
Learn the Latest Knowledge and Technology Diagnosing and Treating Concussion | Sign up today for FREE!
Thank you for your interest in the Concussion Health Summit Track 1: Free Pass!
The 2020 Virtual Concussion Health Summit delivers a unique opportunity for you to connect with world-renowned experts in concussion management! As we demonstrated the last three years, our Summit is a uniquely interactive educational initiative which empowers progressive healthcare professionals to learn more about collaboratively setting the gold standard in best practices concussion care.
With your Free Pass, you can explore the educational sessions, speakers, and supporting materials.
Upgrade to the Premium Pass Anytime!
With your Premium Pass, you'll receive:
- Lifetime Access to All of the Sessions
- Special Bonus Interviews
- Handouts, Q&A Sessions, and Resources from Speakers
- Email Updates with Information about Summit
- Certificate of Completion
- 16 Continuing Education Credits
If you would like lifetime access to the content, click here to upgrade to the Premium Pass.
Get started now!
At the conclusion of the Summit, you will be able to:
1. Understand the role of history in concussion management regarded from an earlier and more traditional perspective to the contemporary point of view to aid in the development of better strategies in the future.
2. Utilize exercise intolerance as an objective biomarker of the physiological dysfunction after sport-related concussion.
3.. Recognize other potential symptoms generators than exercise intolerance (e.g., cervical, vestibular, oculomotor, mood, or migraine disorder) that could be contributing factors to a delayed recovery post-concussion.
4. Identify potential pre-existing conditions that could be risk factors for postconcussion-related headaches.
5. Recognize new approaches in headache management in the concussion athlete.
6. Understand the impact of head trauma on both focal and ambient processes that result in visual and balance impairments.
7. Recognize the role of neuro-optometric rehabilitation as an effective tool to address visual dysfunction post head trauma.
8. Implement the most effective stepwise approach to a full return to activity based on monitoring symptoms and performance in the pediatric population.
9. Recognize existing ascending levels of educational support for students with a concussion as they return to school to promote robust and positive outcomes.
10. Recognize the benefit of a new concussion assessment tool that evaluates more specific symptoms that may reflect clinical profiles and inform better clinical care following head trauma.
11. Identify rehabilitation strategies to treat vestibular and ocular motor deficits post-concussion.
12. Recognize basic intervention strategies for the cervical spine and how and when to initiate treatment post-concussion.
13. Utilize evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for the wide spectrum of patients who have experienced a concussive event.
14. Identify specific clinical tests to utilize following a head and neck pathomechanical event to differentiate between symptoms due to a concussion and cervical injury.
15. Recognize the various clinical trajectories post head trauma and how to implement findings into targeted therapies to address persistent symptoms after concussion.
Continuing Education Credits
16 hours of continuing education credit will be available for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist assistants, Occupational Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Speech Language Pathologists, and Audiologists. 360 Neuro Health is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers and has applied for EBP CEUs.
Professionals not listed above will assume responsibility for gaining continuing education/competency approval through their specific licensing boards or professional accreditation agencies. CEU Certificates will be issued by the 360 Neuro Health Institute and available after attendees have completed the post-test and evaluation form.