Train Above the Neck
A Concusion Health Summit Lecture Series | Audio Lecture 6: Demonstrates dual tasking activities (cognitive and visual) to optimize performance.
The Train Above the Neck audio lecture includes an interactive demonstration of dual tasking activities (cognitive and visual) to optimize performance through quick decision making, reaction times and concentration as well as a variety of visual training exercises to address symptoms related to post-concussion as well as performance.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe eye tracking an excellent screening tool that helps identify a potential problem in the vestibular and ocular motor issues
- Understand that vision is learned and it is bi-modal
- Describe how to start with peripheral vision exercises first so as not to “bind” or further lock up the visual system
- Describe differential diagnosis of dizziness as well as headache
- Provide a summary of vision treatment strategies
Continuing Education Credits
Please click here to view the course directory with continuing education credit information (courses are listed alphabetically). The Certificate of Completion is available once the course is complete.
Get started now!
Dr. Fitzgerald has been in the eye care profession for over 30 years. A graduate of the College of Optometry in Forest Grove, Oregon, she got into the profession because of her passion for helping people. "The eyes are the windows to the body," she says. "So many things can be seen and diagnosed with a thorough eye exam."
The doctor has been providing eye care to the Corridor community since she moved to Cedar Rapids in 1984. When asked about her future goals, Dr. Fitzgerald replies that they are, "To continue to grow and contribute through my passion for my career." She currently offers patients examinations, diagnoses and treatments for the management of vision diseases and disorders. Dr. Fitzgerald is always investigating and investing in the latest eye care technology to provide the best state-of-the-art patient care possible.