A Concussion Health Summit Lecture Series Bundle Package I
This bundled package brings together an influential array of experts from a range of specialties who discuss the latest knowledge in concussion management.
A Concussion Health Summit Lecture Series Bundled Package I brings together an influential array of experts, practitioners, and innovators from a range of specialties who discussed the latest knowledge and technology regarding concussion management. It is designed to present the success factors critical to a comprehensive concussion program and utilize this information for performance enhancement, concussion reduction and post-data comparison if a concussion or even an orthopedic injury should occur.
The Program Planning Committee assembled a faculty with renowned clinical experts to provide opportunities for approved continuing education sessions as well as case-study round table discussions where each group worked together to determine best practice concussion management guidelines.
At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the components of an evidence-based approach to best practices for concussion management through a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Summarize the role of the clinical exam in the evaluation & appropriate referral of concussion
- Apply findings in the patient history and clinical exam in the development of an appropriate care plan
- Understand how to perform & interpret evaluation tools used in the treatment of concussion
- Define the role of the vestibular system for eye and head coordination and balance as well as with the autonomic nervous system and identify a care plan for visual-vestibular functional integration training as well as dual tasking with cognitive activities
- Identify the risk factors for post-concussive symptoms and discuss how a gradual, step-wise approach with an increase in physical activities can effectively assist the concussed athlete in the recovery process
- Identify appropriate functional goals using both subjective and objective indicators and determine appropriate prognosis and plan of care according to identified diagnosis, including when further testing is warranted
- Implement treatment interventions for optimal outcomes using combined theoretical approaches, key indicators to monitor progress and identify if patient is responding appropriately to the interventions(s)
- Describe an active approach to concussion treatment consisting of individualized sub-threshold aerobic exercise for patients with exercise intolerance and prolonged symptoms
Continuing Education Credits
Please click here to view the course directory with continuing education credit information (courses are listed alphabetically). The Certificate of Completion is available once the course is complete.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $210
Get started now!
The Concussion Health Summit Faculty are well-respected and highly recognized leaders in the growing concussion management field. By bringing together recognized experts, caring clinicians and industry leaders, we will focus on patient-centric clinical guidelines that most effectively apply the latest evidence-supported science in a best practices manner.